Saturday, July 25, 2020

Eyes Don't Lie



Eyes Don't Lie        


What’s the story behind the song, “Eyes Don’t Lie?” It’s all about Scripture. For many years in prayer meetings we heard:

“And if my people, upon whom my name has been pronounced, humble themselves and pray, and seek my presence and turn from their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven and pardon their sins and revive their land. Now my eyes shall be open and my ears attentive to the prayer of this place.”   

2 Chronicles 7:14-15 (New American Bible)

 

We decided to compose a song using these Words of God. “Eyes Don’t Lie” was created. Below are the Scripture passages we used for this song. By the way, the word, “eyes,” is used 551 times in Bible.


[15] For their hope is on him that saveth them, and the eyes of God are upon them that love him."

 Ecclesiasticus (Sirach) 34:15

 

[14] And my people, upon whom my name is called, being converted, shall make supplication to me, and seek out my face, and do penance for their most wicked ways: then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sins and will heal their land. [15] My eyes also shall be open, and my ears attentive to the prayer of him that shall pray in this place.

                                                                                                       2 Chronicles 7:14-15


[4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away. [5] And he that sat on the throne, said: Behold, I make all things new. And he said to me: Write, for these words are most faithful and true.

Apocalypse (Revelations) 21:4-5


These translations are taken from the Douay Rheims Bible. 

The patron Saint of this song is St. Alphonsus Liguori, founder of the Redemptorists.

 

We invited the family members of our ministry to share picture with us that would fit the lyrics.

Thank you Jake, Sam, Bobby, Jake, Ali, Noah, David, Gale, Diana, Rob, Betty, Marie, Bridget, Brendan, Lauren, Bernice (RIP), Sunny (RIP), (Janet RIP).

 

Special thanks to JoAnne Von Zwehl for her permission to use her print, “Jesus, the Divine Healer,” ©2012 JoAnne Von Zwehl, Rosa Mystica Foundation of America, www.rosamysticaofamerica.org.


May God bless you and your families.

 

Peace Be with You,

Maria & Gloria


If you like it, SHARE IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Blessed Independence Day

  As we celebrate the anniversary of our independence, we pray for our nation today which is our patriotic duty. We pray that we be a nation...

Must Read Posts